Christmas this year was really good. I think with everything that happened with Miles, if it had been any other time of year, it would have been a lot harder for me. But I kept myslef busy Christmas shopping and making gifts and sending lots of time with family. Sometimes it was still hard because I wanted Miles to be there, but all in all, it was a good Christmas. Christmas Eve, we went with my family to my uncle John's and both sets of my grandparents were there, my aunt Paula, my family, John and Mylie's family, my cousin Heather, and the missionaries. We ate, and ate, and ate, my grandpa Dahl told a couple Christmas stories from his mission and my Grandma Whatcott told a story of when her family lived in a chicken coop during Christmas during the Great depression. We then had a white elephant gift exchange! It was a lot of fun.I told Mark I wanted to take a pic of us and this is what I got.......
Here is me, my cousin Emily, and my cousin Heather
Now to Christmas morning. We were staying at my parents house while I recovered from my C-section (they stink by the way, if you have had one, you know what I'm talking about). We moved into a new basement apartment and I couldn't go down stairs for like 3 weeks. So Christmas morning my bro Taylor and my cousin Heather were already up, but when Mark and I woke up Mark thought it would be funny to blast my Dad's radio to wake everyone up to open presents! It was hilarious to see him and Taylor act like little kids on Christmas morning. I still don't know if they were kidding or if they were really that excited! ha ha.
Here is Taylor reading Luke 2. Reading that is our family tradition. I think my parents wanted to torture us kids growing up by making us read that before opening any presents. This year Taylor read it, and he read it so fast I dont think any of us heard it. It was funny.
Here is my goofy Dad. When he gets time to watch TV, he loves to watch PBS or channels like that because he loves documentaries. So my cousin Heather got him one on Sharks. So this is his excited face.
I don't know if you can see it very well, but my parents got us a beautiful picture of the Savior walking and holding hands with a little blonde boy who is probably about 2 years old. My mom said when she saw it, she had to get it for us because it reminded her of Miles. I of course lost it! I think this was my favorite (or one of) my favorite Christmas presents. I love to think of my precious Miles walking with the Savior!!!!

My wonderful husband got me a spa package for Christmas! I get a 1 hour massage, a facial, mani, and pedi!!!!! We were only going to spend about $50 on each other, but he definately over did it!! He said I deserve it!! Oh what a sweet guy!! Oh and my Dad got my mom one too so we can go together! Here is us being excited!!!
So I was dumb and didn't take hardly any pictures at Mark's parent's house when we went over there, but it was so fun there too. The kiddos did the nativity, as you can see here, we ate, and ate, and ate, and we sang songs, opened presents, etc..... It was fun! Mark's bro Clint and his wife Alison had Mark and I for Christmas this year and they got me a beautiful bracelet with Miles' birthstone and his name engraved on it. I absolutely love it!!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!
Here is my goofy Dad. When he gets time to watch TV, he loves to watch PBS or channels like that because he loves documentaries. So my cousin Heather got him one on Sharks. So this is his excited face.
I don't know if you can see it very well, but my parents got us a beautiful picture of the Savior walking and holding hands with a little blonde boy who is probably about 2 years old. My mom said when she saw it, she had to get it for us because it reminded her of Miles. I of course lost it! I think this was my favorite (or one of) my favorite Christmas presents. I love to think of my precious Miles walking with the Savior!!!!
My wonderful husband got me a spa package for Christmas! I get a 1 hour massage, a facial, mani, and pedi!!!!! We were only going to spend about $50 on each other, but he definately over did it!! He said I deserve it!! Oh what a sweet guy!! Oh and my Dad got my mom one too so we can go together! Here is us being excited!!!
So I was dumb and didn't take hardly any pictures at Mark's parent's house when we went over there, but it was so fun there too. The kiddos did the nativity, as you can see here, we ate, and ate, and ate, and we sang songs, opened presents, etc..... It was fun! Mark's bro Clint and his wife Alison had Mark and I for Christmas this year and they got me a beautiful bracelet with Miles' birthstone and his name engraved on it. I absolutely love it!!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!Later that day, we went back to my parent's house and hung out there. It was a great Christmas!

1 comment:
Sounds like you had a good Christmas. I'm glad you were able to keep buys with all the Christmas stuff. I'm sure it made it a little easier. Those gifts you got are so great. I'm glad you have stuff to remember sweet little Miles!
Post a Comment