Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

On Saturday night all the girls took my wonderful grandma out to dinner for Mother's day. We had so much fun!!!! L-R: me, Grandma, my cousin Heather, my aunt Deena, my aunt Annette, my cousin Stacey, my wonderful mamacita
Here is me and my Grandma. She is one of the most amazing people I know!!!! I was going to take a pic with my mom too, but forgot. My Mom is also one of the most amazing people I know! Love ya Mom!!!

I got to work on Friday, and these flowers were waiting for me!!!! I love flowers!! I wonder who they are from????


I dont know if you can see it very well, but they are from my wonderful hubby and my baby boy!!!! How sweet!!!!!!! A few months ago, I told Mark that I wanted to get a fireproof box for all of Miles' pictures and stuff because if we ever had a fire, I would be sad to not have ANYTHING to remember Miles by. So along with the beautiful flowers Mark got me a fireproof box!! I was so excited!!!!!!! He is so sweet and always remembers things like that.
SOOOO............


After anticipating Mother's day being very hard for me, it turned out it was really good! I had been praying for weeks that it wouldn't affect me in a negative way, and once again, I know my prayers were answered. After talking to my sis-in-law one Sunday and telling her I was really dreading Mother's day, she helped me have a different perspective of it. I have a child and he is perfect!!! Now that is something to celebrate!!! I know Miles loves me and is aware of me. That's all I needed to make it great! Not only that, I have some very wonderful friends and family who sent me cards, flowers, text messages, etc to let me they were thinking of me on this potentially hard day. Thank you everyone who has shown their love for me!!!!!! On Sunday, church was great and I felt the spirit so much. We then spent the evening with my family and I got to talk to my little brother Tanner who is on his mission in Russia. It is amazing how Heavenly Father is so aware of me. He knew how hard that day could have been but sent me amazing people who made me feel loved and happy!!!!

6 comments:

Kristine Parker said...

I am so glad you had a great mother's day! The flowers from Mark and Miles were so cute what a great thoughtful husband! Sorry I haven't called you back yet I am going to I promise. I was at my baby shower when you called on Saturday! I'll call you soon! Love ya!

April said...

Hi Ashley, how sweet of your husband. I think that is so awesome a fireproof box? You are so right, we'd never have anything physical to remember our boys by. What a great idea.
I so wish I lived in Arizona to visit with you but I live in Ogden, Utah. I do know of an amazing girl, Tifani, who lost a baby boy Micah in January at 24 weeks. THey live in Washington but her hubby is done with school so they are moving back home to Arizona. She is amazing you should talk/meet with her. Or if your ever in Utah we'll totally get together. ON my blog roll if you click on any of the Micah's you can contact her. She is great. Her baby blog is now private but her family one is not. If you can't find it let me know and I'll get it to you. Sorry so long. Whats your email? tamaw@msn.com

The Hoffmans said...

I'm glad that you had a great mother's day experience. I was thinking about you on Sunday and I really hoped that everything went well for you.

Rachel said...

ahhh i'm so glad you had a good mothers day. you are the sweetest thing in the world. I love that i get to c ya all the time now. Your hubby is so cute. you are one lucky chick to have a guy like that to spend forever with. xoxo

aprilhoyt said...

What a thoughtful hubby! I love flowers! and a fireproof box is such a good idea! I'm glad mother's day went easier than you anticipated.

RPH said...

You are so great Ash. This was a cute post. I love those sweet flowers and card. You are one lucky girl. Your hair is to-die-for-adorable. I love the dark brown in it.