Sunday, May 20, 2012

Spring Break Projects


Back in March, Mark had to go to Arizona for some interviews for internships (which didn't work out, but that's a whole other story) and since he still flew for free, he took Sam with him! Sam had a great time, and I got to work on a couple of projects that I had wanted to do for a while.  I had always wanted stripes in my kitchen, and was totally over the red, so I decided to paint!!!!!!  Above is the before pic.


And here is how it turned out!!  I am in love with the stripes!!!  It was actually really easy too.  It only took about 4 hours to paint the stripes and I didn't even use a level!!  Oh and that awesome mirror is from the Salvation Army!  I about died when I saw it!!!!!


This picture shows my chalkboard wall too! I love my kitchen!!!  (except the countertops). 


That week I also made this artwork.  I just got 3 canvases and mod poged old book pages on to them.  Then I drew the tree and bird, then colored it in with sharpie marker!  It was really easy!!  I think I am actually learning that I can draw.  I really hope to take a n art class someday to learn more about drawing/painting/ etc.


This is the view from my couch.  I LOVE it!!  Along with Mother Gothel.........  I need to post pics of more of my house too, but it's never clean enough to want everyone to see!  Ha ha.  Someday.......

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE the stripes!! So cute. And I love that you are just discovering you can draw... haha! The branches and bird look really great!

Summer Carlile said...

Wow it looks amazing you are so talented!

Lori said...

I love the stripes! So cute!

Snort said...

Holy crap. I love the kitchen. Also, the birdie art. How long until you move back? We will get together and let the boys run wild while we craft up something. It'll be awesome.

April said...

OH MY HECK!!!!!!!!!!! I am in love with that wall! I have wanted a stripe wall down my hall and then on my big wall in my house for a few months now. A few months ago I even went and bought all the supplies, minus paint but chickened out. you have inspired me. I love it!!!!

Anjane' said...

Um, seriously...that wall? I LOVE it. Great job!