Saturday, October 25, 2008

The post I wish I didn't have to post

Okay, so this probably isn't the post you all are expecting or wanting to hear, (believe me, more than anyone I wish I wasn't writing this!) but the latest thing going on in our fam is that I have been put on bedrest. I share this with everyone not for sympathy (okay, maybe just a little ha ha) but so that we can have as many people praying for our little guy as possible!!! So 2 weeks ago we were in Walmart and all of a sudden I had water coming out of me. Now I knew that wasn't normal so I called the after hours nurse and she sent us to the E.R. They just told me I had a bladder infection and Bacterial Vaginosis (sorry for the graphic details!). Then Monday we had the ultrasound and the Doc told me that my Amniotic fluid was low, so he wanted to send me to a paranatalogist to get a better ultrasound, etc. So I couldn't get in there for another week and a half, but the Doc didn't seem too concerned so I wasn't too concerned. Well that whole week I had no leaking and the Dr. and I were just hoping I leaked that couple of times and that it was nothing. Then last Friday it started happening again. I called my Doc first thing Monday morning (the 20th) and they got me an appointment with the Paranatalogist that same day. Come to find out from her...............I had a Premature Rupture of Membranes (in Laman's terms I have a hole in my sac so Amniotic fluid constantly leaks out, or in really Laman's terms my water broke) which come to find out is not a good thing (go figure). The biggest problem is, with a hole in the sac there is no way really for them to keep out infection except give me tons of antibiotics and hope for the best. If I get an infection (pray i don't!) they have to deliver the baby right away because it can become Fatal to me. So as of right now, I hav no infection but I have to not get one for at least 3 more weeks in order for our baby to survive if he has to be delivered. Of course the longer I can go without getting an infection the better, but 24 weeks is the youngest a fetus can be delivered and have any chance of surviving. So currently (they just told me today that I am 21 weeks, so 3 weeks to go!). I was in the hospital but since there really isnt anything they can do to prevent infection or save the baby right now they let me go home for 3 weeks. At 24 weeks if I haven't gotten an infection I have to be readdmitted until I deliver (which hopefully is close or is full term even though it wont be fun for me!!). This morning they took a blood test and my white blood count is down, my temperature is low enough, and the baby is moving like crazy! So right now everything is okay!!! So all i would ask of you all is to pray for our sweet little baby boy! That I will continue to not get an infection and that he will keep fighting!!! So if I dont update for a while you will know that my thoughts are a little pre-occupied at the moment!!!!!

19 comments:

Natalie said...

you have all our prayers and fasting we can muster up! hang in there ashley and same to your little boy.

SHERI said...

So sorry to hear that! We know miracles happen though- look what Kristen just went through. Hang in there! We will pray for you!

allie askins said...

it was so good to see you tonight! talking, laughing and watching alanis on channel 8.
love you

Liz said...

I've been wondering about you ever since we talked awhile back. We'll keep you in our prayers. I've never been on bedrest, but really enjoy this time to rest. After your little boy is here you'll be glad you did. The thought of bedrest in the hospital doesn't sound like fun, but think of all the good. Your baby having 24 hour care. You get waited on hand and foot. All your meals prepared and brought to you.
Your doing great and being positive like you are will help a ton.

Terry Family said...

We're praying for you and your baby. We love you!!

Snort said...

Ash- the same thing happened to me with Porter. I was further along when my water broke, but I was on bedrest from 22 weeks on! It is hard, hard, HARD to be on bedrest, but hang in there! Porter came out six weeks early red and screaming (after I got a couple of steroid shots). I'll be praying for you, but just remeber that it is all worth it!

aprilhoyt said...

we are praying and fasting for you here in the Hoyt family. Lov you tons and hope all goes well! Stock up on those fav. movies so you'll have no reason to get out of bed!

Andrea N' Mike said...

Hey this is your cousin Andrea, I'm so sorry for your situation, that's just really rotten. I just wanted to let you know we're praying for you! and your little guy. I really everything goes well! We're thinking about you.

Kristine Parker said...

Hey! I am so sorry to hear that. I've been praying for you, Mark and your baby ever since you told me about the ER visit. Hang in there and call me if you get bord in bed and just want to talk. I wish I lived in AZ so I could come hang out with you! Love ya!

Rob Dog said...

You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers! I have checking the blog waiting for an update!! Hang in there! If you ever get board and need someone to talk to call or text me!! We love you! Hang in there! Wish we were there to help!

Ralae said...

You'll be in our prayers! I hope it all works out okay. Maybe Amber and I could come visit you. Are you allowed to have visitors? I could leave my boy at home if you're worried about being around kids. Let me know.

RPH said...

Ashley, what news! I will keep you guys in my prayers, and certainly hope for the best!
I wish there was something I could do. Atleast a visit!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I am so sorry to read this news. You and your little boy will definitely be in our prayers. Hope to read a great update in a few months when the baby comes.

Heidi Ann said...

Oh Ashley, I know to a small amount how your heart is hurting. I'm so sorry for the worry and stress you are and will be going through. But know that you and baby boy are in our prayers. My fingers are crossed for a safe delivery!

♥ Natalie said...

Oh, Ashley!!! I am so sorry to hear that. I will totally keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May you find peace and comfort as you work through this ~ bed rest is hard and scary..... I know because I have been there.... What can I do for you? And that is NOT a loaded question.... I would be there to do anything that you needed help with. PLEASE let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do. Make you dinners, clean your house, do laundry, you name it!!! Take is easy, girlie. You are such a sweet person and are going to be such a great Mommy. Keep smiling that BEAUTIFUL huge smile of yours!

♥ Natalie said...

Oh, and please tell me how you got that awesome font on your blog ~ so fun!!

Hiatt Family said...

I'm so sorry Ashley! I will definitely be praying for you. Keep us updated! Even if you have no news to report...that will be good news.

Amy said...

oh my word!!! How scary! I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything! My email is amybevans@gmail.com

kemra said...

I'm so sorry to hear that - of course we will be praying for you and your sweet baby.