Monday, November 3, 2008

Update!

Hello all......I thought you might want an update. So as of now, still no infection!!!!!!! YEA!! Prayers are answered. I have 2 more weeks to go until I am admitted back into the hospital until this little guy comes. We did have quite the scare last Tuesday though. I started bleeding but what they think may have happened is my placenta and uterus were pulling apart. But the bleeding has since stopped so they think maybe it pulled away just a little bit and clotted over and fixed itself! So that's good. One good thing came from this, they found out I'm RH- and Mark is RH+ so chances are the baby is RH+. So because I was bleeding they were worried that my blood and the baby's blood would mix and then my body would form antibodies to kill off the baby and if antibodies were formed then every time I was pregnant the antibodies would kill off the baby. So they hurried and gave me the RH- shot so that wouldn't happen. SO I think even though it was scary I was supposed to bleed so they could catch all that before it was too late. It is amazing to me how true it is that the Lord works in mysterious ways. You know, even though this whole thing has been a nightmare I would never wish upon my worst enemy, it's been amazing the miracles we've seen so far. It has brought me and the Lord closer together, me and Mark closer together and strengthened my testimony of the power of prayer, fasting, and faith. I have once again come to know how aware Heavenly Father is of each one of us and how much He loves us. And even though we will go through hard times, it is all for our good. Mark was reading from the Joseph Smith Priesthood/R.S. manual and told me to read chapter 19 on Sunday because that happened to be a particularly hard day for me. There was a quote from that chapter that really hit me hard. Sorry this is getting so long but I loved it and want to share it!!! John Taylor, the third President of the Church, said:"I heard the Prophet Jospeh say, in speaking to the twelve on one occasion: 'You will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite as necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham and other men of God, and (said he) God will feel after you, and He will take hold of you and wrench your very heart strings, and if you cannot stand it you will not be fit for an inheritance in the Celestial Kingdon of God'.....Joseph Smith never had many months of peace after he received truth, and finally he was murdered in Carthage Jail." So even though this is by far the hardest thing I have ever gone through I'm so grateful for the Eternal perspective I have! So that's the latest......thank you everyone for your love and prayers!! I definately feel it!!!!

15 comments:

Brandis said...

Happy 22 weeks! :) Glad to hear things are going good this week. I'm glad you posted that quote too. It's humbling but in a comforting sort of way. Just what I needed to hear today, thank you!

Whitney and Michael said...

That's so great! I am so glad to hear it! You're such an awesome example to me! Keep holding strong! You're always in my prayers! Heavenly Father truly is aware of everything going on, it is simply amazing! Thanks for sharing, you're inspiring! ;)

Kristine Parker said...

What a good update! I'm glad to hear that all our prayers are helping! You are such a strong girl. You have an amazing attitude about this, we all have a lot to learn from you!! Love ya!

Rob Dog said...

I am so glad you are hanging in there!! Keep fighting! That is a great quote! It was helpful for me! Sometimes I swear its just trial after trail! But at least we know it is for a good reason! Are you still on total bed rest? Are you having to take antibiotics? Anyway I think about you all the time! keep in touch!!

Terry Family said...

Ashley! Hey there! Maybe your mom told you but Steve, me, and the kids are coming to Arizona next week. We'll be there on the 16th, and i know you'll be going into the hospital on the 17th, but can I come visit you sometime that week? --Heidi

Lori said...

I'm so glad things are going "well" for you guys. We pray for you all the time. We can't wait to see this baby the next time we're all together.

Hiatt Family said...

I'm so glad that you gave us an update. I am thinking of you & praying for you! I really hope everything turns out great. I am so glad that things are good right now. Keep updating us! Thanks for sharing that quote too.

aprilhoyt said...

Glad to hear an update and that things are looking up! That quote hit me really hard too! I love it!! It certainly gives me more drive to endure problems! You are in our prayers!! Love ya!

kemra said...

I'm so glad to hear that! I have been thinking (& praying for you a lot!) and have been hoping you & the baby are doing well. I hope things continue to go well. We'll keep the prayers coming!

RPH said...

Thanks for the update. I have been checking back EVERY DAY to see what is new. Yea for the good news!

This was a sweet post. Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Yay! That's great! Keep it up! I enjoyed reading your post, we always need reminders to keep an eternal perspective when we are going through trials.

Andrea N' Mike said...

Hey Ashley, I'm so glad to hear you're still hanging tough. I can't imagine how hard this must be, but the little miracles are totally worth it! We're thinking about you, and praying for you!

Jeff, Chelsea & Rustin said...

thats good news. I hope the best for you and your babe. You are in our prayers!

Ashley W. said...

We just came across your blog. Congrats on being pregnant, sorry to hear things aren't going very smoothly. Good luck with everything! I know I don't really know either of you (you do know Zach though) but let me just tell you, I working for an ob for over 4 years and I have heard some pretty amazing stories of pregnancies like yours where everything works out just fine in the end! Good luck and we will be praying for you all.

The Pages said...

ok Ash, I had no idea!!!! wow!!!! so sorry to hear you that you are going through that! Holy crap! Ugh! I hate to see people I love go thru what I went thru!!! UGH!!! My prayers are w/ you! prayers work believe me! My other cousin had what has happened to you, and they kept that kid in til 38 weeks....and her problems started at 24 weeks.... so you can do it!!! Just know that NICU's are amazing and they can do alot for these little kiddos! Let me know if you need anything!!! If he comes early, hopefully not, You know I have PLENTY of Boy preemie clothes! Let me know what happens, I'm here for you!