Monday, December 8, 2008

My Baby Miles

Hello everyone this is finally Ashley again and thank you Debbie for updating for me through al of this.  It has been such a crazy week.....or should I say 7 weeks.  Mark and I are doing pretty good, at least as good as to be expected.  We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and prayers in our behalf.  We definately feel the presence of the Holy Ghost comforting us a lot of the time.  Even in the couple hours before Miles past away, and especially while and after he did.  We miss our son so so so so much and wish for nothing more that we still had him here with us but feel so much peace about how everything happened.  Our little guy had such an impact on so many people and he was definately a special spirit.  We feel priviledged to be the parents of such a pure perfect spirit.  And to know he gets a straight shot to the Celestial Kingdom and doesn't have to live in this evil world is what keeps us going.  Of course we have our moments, sometimes I just want to hold my baby, ya know?  But we know this is how Heavenly Father wanted this to happen and that our precious little Miles only needed to come briefly to get his body.  We also take great comfort in knowing he is ours forever and we will get him back!!!!!  I know that FAmilies can be Together Forever and now we want to work extra hard to make sure we get there to be with our son!!!!   I also wanted to let everyone know that we are going to have a little funeral for him this Saturday Dec. 13th at 10am at the church on Cooper and Houston.  Houston is halfway between Baseline and Guadalupe.  Anyone who would like to come is definately invited to come!  We would love it if you came but we also understand if you cant make it.  If you have any questions about anything, just leave me a comment and I promise I will answer you!!!  Thanks everyone for everything!!!

23 comments:

Natalie said...

Ashley,
My heart is breaking for you and Mark. We share in your grief and are praying for you continually. In the midst of tragedy isnt it great that we have the knowledge that the gospel brings? And the peace? Thank you for sharing your testimony. It was touching.
I will let Clint know about the funeral. I would love to come but my mom is going to be in town. One of us at least will be there though.
Sincerely,
Clint and Natalie

kemra said...

Ashley,

I am so sorry. I don't know what to say, words don't seem adequate. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for you guys.

Love,
Kemra

Liz said...

Team Awesome is right! You are an amazingly strong woman. I do not think I could have handled this situation as well as you did. Thank you for being strong and sharing your testimony with us (me). I am gratful to have you as a friend and in my life now and especially 4 years ago when I joined this church. Thank you for being an 'awesome' example.

Brandis said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I'm sure that you will be able to help many people who find themselves in your position. You are such great examples of faith in Heavenly Father's plan for each of us.

Heidi Ann said...

Ashley he's beautiful and perfect. Heavenly Father knew you are strong, even if you don't agree, and that's why he chose you. These sweet babies put so much into perspective and touch our lives like nothing else could. I love you and pray for you every day. Keep your chin up.

allie askins said...

good to see you saturday.
love you.

Rob Dog said...

We wish we could be there! We are thinking of you all the time! And I check your blog everyday! Just wanted to let you know lots of love is coming your way from utah and we will be thinking about you and Miles on Saturday! Keep us posted!

Brian & Merika & Kids said...

Ashley & Mark,
We've been thinking of and praying for you guys since we first heard you went into the hospital. Our kids asked us almost every day how things were going and also prayed for you guys all the time. We were all so sad to hear that Miles didn't get to stay on earth very long, and we continue to pray for you guys. I know that Heavenly Father will help you guys get through this. I'm sorry we won't be able to be at the funeral as I have a Spanish Club trip this Friday and Saturday that I'm in charge of. Know that we are thinking of you guys often and pray for you all the time.
Love,
Brian & Family

RPH said...

Ash, you are inspiring. I love the outlook you have on all of this. Although it is certainly understandable how hard it is. I wish I could be there Saturday. I will be thinking of you.
Love ya girl.

Maren said...

ashley, i am so sad that i cant make it on saturday. it is my big benefit yard sale that same morning! know that i think about you often and pray for you every night. love you!

Kristine Parker said...

Ashley,

You are AMAZING!!! You testimony is so strong and you can feel your love for that little boy through your words. I wish more then anything that I could be there with you on Saturday. I hate living so far away from you. I love you and my thoughts and prayers will be with you on Saturday! Love ya.

Cassie said...

Ashely, you and Mark are so strong. I have so much admiration for you and wish you every happiness Heavenly Father can give you. I wish so badly I could be there this Saturday. I'll be there in spirit. I love you guys.

The Johnson Family said...

Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about your little Miles. He is so precious, how grateful we are to know of Heavenly Fathers plan! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love ya, Jenny

Heidi Ann said...

Ashley, you are always on my mind! I'm glad you're havging a memorial for your sweet Miles. I really want to be there but it's too close to home for me right now. I'm sorry I won't be there, I don't know if I could handle it. Please know that I love you and am here if you ever want to chat! Love you!

Payne Family said...

Ashley,

My heart breaks for you. I only wish that I could take the pain away from you. But how lucky for you too be parents to such an amazing little boy. You are betther than I for being worthy of that. You are truly amazing. I am so sorry that your heart is so heavy. Keep the faith.

Heather

The Becker Bunch said...

Hi. I came across your blog shortly after you gave birth to your sweet son. We have some mutual friends. Anyways, I want you to know that we lost our first son, Logan, also. So much of what you wrote is exactly where we have been and I understand completely the pain that is accompanied by the peace that you feel. Grab hold of that peace whenever you feel it, it WILL make you stronger, and know that you two are very special people to be given this trial. And you are right, Miles is a VERY VERY special little man and apparently he has proven himself already and doesn't need to on this earth. The words don't always comfort the way we'd like, especially when we want our little one to be with us...but lean on eachother and reach out to those who can provide you with strength. Please know that I have been where you are and I would LOVE to talk with you if you ever need anything. I will leave my E-mail address and you can write anytime. And if not, that's okay too. You and your family will be in our prayers.
Sincerely,
Nikki Becker
alohaqt4@yahoo.com

Travis and Jen said...

Ashley,
I just talked to Celeste and found out about Miles. I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you two. Anyone who read your blog and had no concept of the Plan of Happiness I'm sure would be looking everywhere to find the answers and peace you spoke of and shared in such a few paragraphs. Thank you for your testimony, it was inspirational to me. Miles is beautiful. Love,
Jen Nuttall

Brittany and Scott said...

i just don't have the right words to say, but i want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. the pictures of miles were so tender.

Andrea N' Mike said...

Ashley (and Mark),
I'm sorry we weren't able to make it to Miles' funeral. And I'm even more sorry for your loss. You are so strong and I can't even imagine how you must be feeling, but I just wanted to let you know we are thinking and praying for you! It's so wonderful that we have the opportunity to be together forever as families. We love you and wish you the best!
love,
Andrea (and fam)

RPH said...

Ash, I have been checking your blog a lot recently. Hoping form some kind of an update. How are you? I have been thinking alot about you lately. Hope all is well.
Love ya

Ruth Anne said...

I just heard the news. I am so sorry for your loss. You are such an awesome lady, I wish I could have meant you on different terms.

Good luck and best wishes,

Ruth RN

Liz said...

Hey girl, just wanted to see how you all are doing. I can see I'm not the only one :)

Update us all sooon

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,

My name is Taylor, and I'm from Toronto, Ontario. I was looking up a random person I met on Wednesday and I found your blog (don't ask me how). To say that I am deeply touched by this is an understatement. You have been so strong throughout this whole ordeal, and if I were you (and I hope not to be for a long time!) I would probably be a hysterical mess. My thoughts are with you as you go into your new pregnancy.

Love,
Taylor