Sunday, February 8, 2009

Halelujah (is that how you spell it? ha ha)

I just wanted to let you all know of the exciting news Mark and I got today. For those of you who don't know, the morning Miles passed away they did a brain scan and found that he was missing the part of his brain called the septum. It controls your hormones and vision. So basically he could have lived without it but would have had to have hormone treatments his whole life, probably would have been blind, and if he had gotten sick (what kid doesn't) even a common cold, it could have been fatal. So who knows how long we would have had him anyway. Oh and that had nothing to do with all the problems I was having. So today we went and met with Miles doctor to get the results of the otopsy (she was afraid missing his septum was genetic) and we found out it isn't!!!!!!!!!!! It was totally just a fluke. Talk about a lot of flukes with that little guy. I guess Heavenly Father really wanted to make sure he came home! SO we are so excited that we will still be able to have kids without worrying that we could have another kid without his/her septum. Not that adoption would be bad, and I'm still not opposed to the idea anyway, but I would have been devistated to know we couldn't have kids. So that's the good news of the day!!!!!!
We also had the opportunity to speak in church today. Guess what our topic was? How adversity can strengthen our Faith in Jesus Christ. At first I was not at all excited about that topic. I think I must have been having a bad day or something. But it ended up being really good and as I pondered all week about what to say, it helped me realize how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have helped and been there for us all along the way. They didn't take away the adversity, but were definately there to help!!!! Mark's talk was AMAZING!!!! I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy. So that has been our great day!!!!!!

15 comments:

Celeste Caldwell said...

That is AWESOME news ASH!! I'm so happy that you won't have to worry about your future children having the same issues Miles did. That IS a crazy fluke. I wish I could have heard your guys talk. I bet it was amazing. You are such a strength to us all!! You're such a great friend!!

Natalie said...

Glad to know you got some good news! Good for you for facing a "hard hurdle" and talking in church...I know from experience that it takes a lot of courage. We too were asked to speak about 2 months after Branson's passing...hard, but good. I'm sure the spirit and Miles sweet spirit were both there and touched many hearts as you shared your message today :)

Heather said...

oh yea what good news!! one less thing to worry about!! And way to go on getting through the lesson and stuff! you rock girl!!

Brandis said...

That must be such a relief! I was talking to a friend today about how it can be scary to find out the "why" but also how great it can be when it turns out to be good and bring greater understanding. I'm glad that was good news for you. :) I wish I could have heard your talks, I'm sure they were great!

Maren said...

i am so happy for you ash! that is great news. what a relief! i didnt know that about miles, poor little guy. you are amazing to speak in church, a month after miles passed away on that topic. i bet it was hard but also a blessing. love you!

Brittanie said...

I'm so glad that hear that! Sometimes you just have to be grateful for little "flukes." He must have some very special mission he's doing on the other side.

And what a topic to speak on, huh? I'm glad you had the courage to face that. I gave a talk in Church about the healing power of the Atonement shortly after I lost my Cora. I guess we just need the reminder of what the Lord does for us.

kemra said...

Oh I'm so glad! I hope that you are doing well - you are amazing! I'm sure your talks were amazing - you are so brave to speak in church! I'm so impressed!

The Webbs said...

I'm so happy that you got some good news. That's one less thing that you have to worry about with all that you are going through. You have such a great attitude through all of this. Love ya.

Heather said...

Ashley that is wonderful news! I can't imagine how much weight that must take off your shoulders. Thanks for sharing all of your experiences, I really enjoy reading your blog :)

Kristine Parker said...

What great new!!! I've been waiting to hear about that. i remember you told me about it back in December. I'm so glad it came back with good news. One less thing to worry about! Sorry I didn't call you when I found out what I was having. I'll call you soon!

RPH said...

Great news Ash! I am so glad to hear it. I love how optimistic you are in things. You amaze me.
I love ya and think of you constantly.

Dahly Mama said...

Yippee dippy!!! yo mama is very excited about this news!!!
I didn't get the whole story of your talks yet!! you gotta tell me about them!!

Hiatt Family said...

Oh I am so, so glad that it's not genetic! That's one thing I've been SO thankful for...that Jackson's death was from a cord accident & was a totally fluke thing. I think that makes the future seem a whole lot brighter!

Rachel said...

Awesome news. I'm sure your feel so much better...especially after the talk.j/k! I'm happy to hear that your little family can progress, hopefully all in good health. You are so strong!Luv Ya

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Hey Ashley! I'm from the ward & am in YW with you now! I loved listening to your talks on Sunday and hearing your testimony. You are an amazing woman and have been trough a lot. I admire your strength and determination to meet each day with a smile as best as you can. I can't wait to get to know you better and become friends! Please feel free to call me if you need a stranger to release on. I'm a good listener and would love a new friend! Plus, I'm just down the street! ;) Love you and can't wait to get to know you better! Love you!