Monday, June 1, 2009

Girl's Camp

I just got back from Girl's Camp on Saturday. Man!! was it an experience. I had so much fun, but I guess I never realized how much work leaders put into it. It really helped me really appreciate my Young Women's leaders growing up. I did have lots of fun, but I was so glad to come home too. This is a pic of some of the girls from our wonderful Udall ward on the first night (skit night). I think theirs was the cutest!! Front row L-R: Angela, Sis. Burton (Brittney), Martha, Mary. Back row: me, Jori, and Kenyon.
Here is me and Angela. She is the funniest girl in the world!!! We had a lot of fun hagning out at camp. She is one of 17 kids. Yes, that's right, I said 17!!! 12 are adopted, and she is one. She is originally from Russia.

I had one HUGE Tender Mercy from the Lord while at camp. We were at Orchard camp and I found out that Gilbert stake (our previous stake) was at Main camp. So I was able to go over and see all my Young Women from Cullumber ward!!! It was so awesome!! I totally started balling when I saw them!! So here is me with some of the girls.


Here is me with Allie and Chelsea, two of my Beehives from Cullumber ward!!




At camp I was one of the leaders over the Junior staff. Junior staff is the girls in the stake that are graduating or have graduated, earned their YW medalion, and want to come to camp. Basically we were in charge of all the night programs and morning devotionals. Talk about a LOT of work!!! This is me, Jenni, and Suzette, the 3 leaders over Junior staff!



On the last full day of camp, I had some time that I got to spend with our ward, so we went to the creek and some of the crazy girls and the YW president got in the freezing cold water!!!!!






Me and Brittney hanging out by the water, definately not IN the water!!!





Here is most of our girls!!! Front: Linda, Martha, Jori, Sis. Maddock, Launa, Sis. Bingham. Back: Sis. Wilson, Sis. Burton, Me, Angela, Kenyon, Mary, Rachel, Sis. Christenson, Sis. Fairbanks.







Me and Kenyon!!!!








All of the fun Junior staff right before flag ceremony!!! i love these girls!!! L-R:Sis. Hathcock, Andrea, Me, Deana, Sis. Jacobson, Heather, Myrna









Me and Myrna!!!
Camp was AWESOME!!!! But I can definately wait a year for the next one!










4 comments:

Lori said...

All I have to say is that your hair looks great for camping! I'm jealous!

The Talley Family said...

Looks like fun! You look great camping.

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun time! I was suppose to help out last year but I couldn't take the time off work. Wish I could have gone...JEALOUS!

aprilhoyt said...

I loved going back to girls camp when I was a leader!! Looks like fun!