Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Miles' life day

Today is Miles' life day. Mark calls Dec. 2nd Miles' life day because he was alive on Dec. 2nd for the entire day!!! This day last year was so CRAZY!!!! After getting hardly any sleep from Dr's and nurses coming ALL night, Mark and I were exhausted. I was able to go visit Miles a few times that day and that was amazing. He was still not doing good at all, but that little fighter, he kept trying! Thinking about it now, I think he was doing it for us because we weren't quite ready to accept Heavenly Father's will. I am grateful for that, I really feel that Heavenly Father let him stay until we were ready to accept it. I remember going to see Miles one of the times and singing to him. I sang I am a Child of God and Families Can be together Forever. I still cant sing those songs without choking up. He also grabbed my finger and distinctly remember thinking, "he does know who I am!!!". That made me so happy. I also remember being able to take a shower!!! That was amazing!! I finally able to take off the huge bandage on my stomach and WOW! what a sight. Because Miles was not breathing when he was born, they had to cut me open from navel to pubic bone and all the way across to get him out as fast as possible. (If you want to ever see the scar, it's pretty cool looking, ha ha).For some reason though as I type this, most of Dec. 2nd, 2008 was a blur (maybe because I was on Percocet?!?!?!). We met with a social worker to discuss things that I dont remember, oh and I do remember falling asleep in my wheelchair in the waiting room of the NICU. That day both Mark's family and my family came to see Miles. They were all so amazing. I am so grateful that we both have such wonderful families. That afternoon, because we were both so tired we asked the nurses if we could put a sign on our door so no one would bother us (except Miles' doctors of course) and we took a 2 hour nap. That was so good!!! That night I remember one of Miles' doctors coming in and telling us she thought Miles was doing slightly better!! I remember that was music to my ears. Finally!!!! He is getting better!!!! I prayed so hard that night for my baby. I also hoped no Dr's would come in the middle of the night to tell us bad news, and they didn't!!!!!! That made us very optimistic. I do remember Mark getting up several times a night to go check on Miles. I am so grateful he did that when I couldn't. I am so grateful Miles had one full day of being here on the earth with us. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that day because I would spend every second with him!!!

4 comments:

Ralae said...

You're still in my thoughts and prayers. My cousin is going through a similar situation. Read my latest post for details, but could you say a little prayer for her???

Tifani said...

Happy Birthday to Miles. Crazy how life continues on and our experiences become our memories. I hope that you are doing well and that you and your hubby were able to have a peaceful day thinking about baby Miles. Lots of love!

Cassie said...

Happy Miles day! We love you.

The Burtons said...

Hey Ashley, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I saw your comment on Raygon's about expecting and got so excited! You look hot! I'm loving your hair. Let's try and talk Raygon into moving back here to AZ!