Monday, June 6, 2011

Sam is 1 year old!!!!

Dear Sam,

I really can't believe you are 1!!!!! I know everyone says, this, but I really feel like it was only a couple of months ago that I was holding you for the 1st time.
At your 1 year check up, you weighed 20.8lbs, and you were 30inches tall. The Dr. says you are small for your age! But still cute and chubby!


You have cute little feet that are still chubby and thick ( I love them!!) and you don't like wearing shoes!!!




You are walking EVERYWHERE!!!! You took your 1st steps on Mother's day!! What a great present. After that, you didnt want to walk a ton on your own, but a couple weeks later, 5 days before your 1st B-day, you just took off, and haven't stopped since!




You are a busy, busy boy and you are constantly moving..............



You are talking a ton! Mostly you are just jibber-jabbering, but it's cute, because I feel like you are really trying to tell us things! You can say mama, daddy, bye bye, thank you, peek-a-boo, teeth, puppy and baby. But probably tomorrow you will be saying 5 new words!! You are so smart!!!!!!





You love to clap and do paddy cake, and you love peek-a-boo!!!





You laugh a lot,and you have the cutest little laugh! You love everyone and will wave and smile at anyone, and I love that about you.



You love books, and you love to turn the pages. You say what sounds like, "what's that" several times a day!!! You also LOVE balls and you love to kick them and pick them up and throw them. You love Grandma Dahl's stairs and you love Great aunt Paula's dog Bella. I think she is afraid of you though!!!



You don't really like to eat right now. It could be because you are getting 8 new teeth!!!! We try to feed you lots of different things, but you LOVE yogurt and watermelon!!!



You love water, and taking a bath, but when we take you swimming, you are scared of it unless you are standing on the step. MAybe it's because we have dunked you under a couple of times and you DID NOT like that! we will keep trying though.......:)




You can be such a little stinker Sam!!! You think it's funny to bite, and you LOVE to pull down all our DVD's and if I'm trying to fold laundry, you think it's funny to pull it all down! And if I try to tell you no, you just get a huge cheesy grin on your face!!!!




You still love to play with your cousins William and Gracie who we live with, and because you are walking now, they think you are a big kid! It's really funny.



Your birthday party was so fun!!!!! (there are many pics to come!!!). Sammy my boy! I can't believe you are 1! You bring me and Daddy more happiness than we ever thought possible!! I love you so much!!!!




Love, Mommy


























5 comments:

DaNelle said...

How cute!! I love that age!

aprilhoyt said...

I love these pictures!!

allie askins said...

ash you know I love that little baby of yours and i can't believe how big he is! I love him so much and I'm so excited for your little family. I'm dreading August, don't leave us!!!!!!!!!love you!!!!!!!!!

Dahly Mama said...

My baby boy is growing up!!

Whitney and Michael said...

What a handsome cutie!! He is so adoreable! It is so crazy that he is one, time has really flown by! :)