Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Story

Well I thought it was about time I tell everyone me and Mark's story. It's such a great one! :) Okay, maybe I'm a little biased but everyone tells me it is a good one. So about November of '03 the Pioneer singles ward started in our stake. We both were in it, but didn't pay much attention to each other. It was about a year later that both Mark and I were preparing to go on missions. I had tried to go a couple times before but had bad headaches all the time so I had to delay it for a while while I took care of it. So because we were both getting ready to go, they called us both to be ward missionaries and we became friends slowly over the next few months until we were spending a lot of time together! Mark had even asked me to teach him piano lessons and to go to an institute class with him. So about this time, I developed a MAD crush on him, but he swears he didn't like me then. But over the next few months I must have won him over when we were spending so much time together because we started dating!!! It was a total dream come true!! It felt like in high school when you have a huge crush on a guy who doesn't notice you and then one day he sends you balloons or flowers telling you he likes you. It was that cool. ha ha. Anyways, about a week after dating he told me he loved me (now don't freak out, remember we had already been best friends for a few months so it's not like he didn't know me) and about a month later we realized we wanted to marry each other. So we thought maybe since he was older maybe we shouldn't go on missions and just get married. So we talked to our parents, the bishop, and did a lot of praying and going to the temple and the anser came pretty clear!!! We were to go on missions first!!!! So........off goes MArk to the Washington spokane spanish speaking mission, and the week after he left, I started my paperwork and everything went without a hitch. So 3 months later I was off to the Nebraska Omaha mission to serve in the Winter Quarters historical site! What an amazing experience for both of us!!! We wrote every single week for 2 years!!!! It was awesome. I got home in May '07, he got home Aug. '07. The day he got home was the worst day of my life!!!.........until he called me :) As soon as we saw each other, the feelings were all back, and we were engaged about a month later and married 2 months later on November 24, 2007. And here we are married happily ever after!!! Now is that a great story or what? I won't lie, it was incredibly hard to be away from each other for 2 years (at least for me ha ha) but he was definately worth the wait! He is everything I ever hoped for. So there you have it........our story.

1 comment:

AZ Finters said...

I am so excited to finally hear your story. I saw your blog site from stephanie's. I hope you guys are doing well. We really should get together sometime. You know my husband right? He was in pioneer for a while and knew heather and stuff.