Friday, September 19, 2008

Spiritual experiences

So a while ago I read an article in the Ensign about writing more about our testimonies and experiences online so other people could read them. I have always been bad about that. I always have thought that those things weren't things you should just share with the world. But after thinking about it and reading that article I wanted to write about the Young Women's activity we had on Wednesday. It was combined with the whole stake and they told us it was going to be like a fireside and to wear church dress. I will admit, my first thought was, "oh great, the girls are going to love that! And to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to it. But of course I put on a skirt (with my hairy legs and all) and went. It ended up being just what I needed that day. I have realized that being pregnant might really be helping me get some insight into what it's like to be bi-polar becuase especially lately my moods have been all over the place!! And that particular day they had been all over the place. So they had 5 girls speak who had grown up best friends and in 2007 one by one, all joined the church in a matter of 4-5 months. They all had different stories but all had they same message, that people are watching us as members of the church and we can do missionary work just by our examples. They all also had a similar message, that the church and the gospel has saved their lives. One girl in particuar touched me because she said she had hit rock bottom and had nothing in her life that was good and when her friends talked to her that had already been baptised, they had this new sense of happiness that was very contagious. She literally said converting to the gospel has saved her life. It got me thinking about all the blessings I have in my life because of the gospel and what my life would be like if I didn't have it. I feel so lucky to know the truth about Heavenly Father's plan for us and how to make it happen. The spirit was so strong that night and I am now so grateful that I went!!! Even though I started out with such a bad attitude about it.

3 comments:

Snort said...

I love the bipolar comment- but just wait till the baby comes out! That's when the mood swings really start... or maybe that's just me.

Lorraine said...

Thanks for sharing your experience at YW. Great blessings come from church service when you least expect them. Happy Birthday to Mark !!

aprilhoyt said...

Don't you love it when you get spiritual upliftment when you least expect it (but sometimes when you need it most)?! I also have to say that being in YW was one of my favorite callings!!