Friday, November 14, 2008

Prayer really works!!!

Hello everyone! I hope this isn't boring to everyone but I thought I would give another update on our "fun" situation. Since last time I posted I have been to the Dr twice but there hasn't been anything too new. Pretty much the only new thing is is that our baby has fluid around his heart which means his body is under some stress but they told us that is to be expected in this situation but is the least of our worries. But the good news is there still hasn't been any infection! I truly feel like we have been shown miracle after miracle! Yesterday we went to the doctor again and i got to see my favorite doctor (Dr. Spence-the Dr I saw the most when I was in the Hospital) and when she came in to the room was very excited to see that I was still pregnant. So the plan is for me to be admitted into the hospital Monday morning (since I will be 24 weeks then! Yea! I made it!) and I will be there until I deliver, which for my baby's sake I hope is a long time. We still have many things to worry about but I am so grateful that I made it far enough along that if my sweet baby needs to be delivered, he is now developed enough that there are things they can do to help him. They say that now the main concern is that he is getting enough amniotic fluid to help his lungs develop but on Monday they are going to start giving me steroid shots to help his lungs, so that's good. We continue to pray that I can stay pregnant as long as possible and that our little soldier's lungs will develop. So as of now that is what's going on. Being on bed rest has not exactly been fun (and those of you who have been on bed rest know what I mean) but I know I am doing all that I can to help give our baby a fighting chance. It has been very hard emotionally but it is amazing how much the spirit has carried me through it. That's the latest from our world! I will try to get my mom to update as often as I can because there isn't wireless in the hospital rooms, but if I dont update for a while that's why. Thanks again everyone for your love, support, friendship, and prayers! Prayer really works!!!!

8 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Ashley, I am so relieved that everything is still ok! Man, what is with you & Kristin and your rotten bed-rest stuff?! Just hang in there. There are so many people praying for you & thinking about you! I hope that everything continues to go well!
Love,
Anjane'

Ralae said...

That's great! We'll keep praying for you. I hope everything will be okay.

kemra said...

Oh Good!!! I have been thinking about you alot, and praying for you too. I'm so glad that there are no signs of infection! What a blessing!

Thanks for the update! Hang in there!!!

Liz said...

I'm so glad you gave another update. I check all the time. I've prayed for you every day since you first blogged it. I'm so glad that everyone's prayers are being answered and your little baby is doing well. Keep doing what your doing and I'll keep praying. Update as often as you can.

The Webbs said...

You've been in our thoughts and prayers. We're so glad you made it this far.

Rob Dog said...

woo woo!! yeah! way to hang in there and have a good attitude! keep us posted! Good luck!

Snort said...

Yeah!!! I loved how you called you lil' boy a soldier- 'cause that is exactly what he is- a fighter! My prayers are with you and good luck in the hospital!

Whitney and Michael said...

You are such a trooper! You've come along a long way and are still holding strong! Thanks for being the awesome example that you are! You are constantly in my prayers! You're one awesome possume!