Saturday, March 21, 2009

Why don't I know Spanish dang it!!!!!??!?!

These cute kiddos sang I am a Child of God in spanish to us! It just about made me cry! They are so cute.
Berto and Alejandra Chavez fam, with Brother Cook and us. Mark taught Alejandra and her son Moises and they were baptised when he was there. She also made us Flautas while we were there visiting and they were dang good!!!

Here is my man helping Brother Gilbert (who we stayed with) do something to get ready for putting up a swing set for his grandkids. It was funny though, Mark was sore for a couple days after this! Those farm boys sure know how to work!!


Manrique and Maria Torres and fam! Mark also taught Maria and she was baptised when he was there.



Here is us with.....ah!! I can't remember their last name. I'm bad. Mark taught the Dad Carlos (I think that's his name) and later the whole fam was baptised!!!!




Gustavo and Ernestina Espino and fam. Mark got to baptise Ernestina! It was really neat to see! Gustavo, the husband, has been a member of the church for 10 years and patiently waited for his wife to be converted. Well....she was converted and baptised last Saturday!!!





Jose and Angelica Cavasos fam. Mark taught this fam and they were baptised when he was on his mission.







Marco and Aide Espino family. Mark taught this fam and Marco and Adeleine, their daughter, got baptised while MArk was on his mission and Aide got baptised while we were there!






Here we are with Mark's mission President and his wife, President and Sister Clark. We had lunch with them on Wednesday right before we flew home. It was so fun!!!
So I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, we went to Mark's mission!!! He served in the Washington Spokane mission...spanish speaking. A few weeks ago, he found out that 2 of his investigators were finally getting baptised. Circumstances worked out good, and we were able to go for them! So When one of his investigators, Ernestina, found out we were coming she asked Mark to baptise her. It was awesome!!! so last Friday we flew up and we were there for 5 days. We spent all 5 days visiting a ton of people that Mark got close to and it was amazing!!!!!! Everyone was so nice and we were fed way too well. ha ha. I can see now why Mark gained 40lbs on his mish. It was so great to see the impact my hubby had on so many lives. He was like a superstar up there! Anyway, we had a great time, and I'm glad I got to be a part of the excitement!!








5 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun trip! Mark sure did have a lot of baptisms. I bet he had a great time showing you everything from his mission.

Anonymous said...

That is so great. You looked like you had a great time! I would love to go back to see Ryan's mission in Chicago. See you at work!

RPH said...

How fun! I am glad you got to go see some of what he experienced. You guys look great and looks like a lot of fun!

aprilhoyt said...

How fun!! That looks like a good time!

Kristine Parker said...

That is so fun that you got to go back to his mission! I always wished I could have been sent spanish speeaking but good old Nebraska will have to do.