Okay, okay, I know it has been forever since I posted. I really have no excuse at all. I just have kinda been blogged-out. I really haven't had much to blog about either. Sure, we went to Cali for the weekend a few weeks ago but I didnt take any pictures, cuz I didn't feel like it. So instead of boring you with my boring life lately, I thought I would tell the funny story of being proposed to on my mission.
So....in my first area, there were several half-way houses and we could always find people who would listen to us, but most were not quite all there. One day we passed one of these half-way houses and met a guy that right now, I cant remember his name. We could tell he was a little slow, but didn't really know how slow, so we decided to teach him. It went really well, and we even taught him a few times and helped him do the no smoking program, but every time we went to teach him, he just got weirder and weirder. So the last time we taught him we brought a team up with us, and after teaching him the lesson he told us he had had a vision from Jehovah and Heavenly Mother (mind you, we never talked about HEavenly Mother, that's not really something you bring up in the lessons....) that he was supposed to marry one of us. So he took out a ring (yup! he had a ring!) and gave it to my companion and she of course gave it right back and told him we were not there to have this kind of relationship but to teach the gospel. So then he turned to me and asked me. I had to try so hard to not die laughing. The girl that had come with us has this horrified look on her face too until she saw that I could hardly contain myself. He then talked about how he had learned about polygamy from a friend when he told his friend we were teaching him, so apperantly he misunderstood us. Oh and by this time we learned he was severly schytzophrenic (I know I totally butchered that spelling). SO once we got it through to him that we weren't there to petition him to join a polygamous cult, he then asked if we could baptise him, and then he pulled out a watering can. Keep in mind we had told him time and time again that we are baptised by proper authority by immersion. It was definately one of the funniest experiences of my mission. Needless to say, he didn't get baptised, we think he might not need it.....so there you go, my funny story for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Great story Ash! Gotta love the crazy nuts! I bet Mark got jealous!!
great post Ashley :) I love mission stories. Remember that one time when we were comps for like 5 days and we stayed up until the wee hours of the morning talking about our boyfriends??? silly girls!
That is hilarious!
lol! that is pretty funny!
I am Jen Larsen's mother-in-law and she said that you might be interested in being a part of the Grandmas angel blog. If you would like to join, will you leave me your email address. We would love to have you. Thanks, Teri
I came across your blog through the Angel Babies website. Your little guy is just precious. We lost our Daughter in January of this year. She was stillborn when I was 8 months pregnant.
It would be nice to get to know you better. I have met some incredible women through my experience.
Post a Comment