Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Atonement

I have been doing a lot of thinking and pondering lately on my emotional state, and I am very happy to say I have been doing really, really good! It's almost crazy to me to think about my emotional state back in Dec.-March and realize the HUGE difference from how it is now! One day a couple months ago I was thinking about the Atonement of our Savior and how it has the power to heal a broken heart. Back in those months right after Miles died I can honestly say my heart was broken. (If you want a glimpse of it watch P.S. I love you, i think they do an amazing job of portraying a broken heart). But I am grateful and I know it is truly healed because of the power of the Atonement! When I think about it I really wonder how it all works but all I can say is it is because of the pleading to Heavenly Father, along with still doing the things I should (or trying to do the things I should) that slowly my heart was mended. I am grateful to my Savior and His love for me, that He was willing to die for me and to suffer for me. And I know without a doubt that if there is something in your life that is causing you pain and suffering, if you try to keep the commandments the best you can, the power of the Atonement can heal you too!!!!

2 comments:

RPH said...

beautiful Ashley. I love ya.

Hiatt Family said...

I agree. I know that doing what's right doesn't just automatically fix things right away like we wish it would, but doing what's right really is what makes it possible for you (and me) to heal. I'm glad you are doing better. I promise Heavenly Father has a plan for you. I'm so sorry you aren't able to do "mom" things. That was the hardest part for me...but the Lord always makes things better somehow. Love you.