The night before Sept. 11th, Mark said he wanted to take me on a suprise date. I cant stand being in suspense so finally I made him tell me. SO we rode the light rail to Tempe Town lake where they had flags everywhere!!!! They had a flag for each person who died on Sept. 11th, along with a card telling about each person on each flag. It was really cool to see all these flags, but really sad when you saw just how many there were and when you read some of the explanations about each person it made it even more sad. AS i think back to Sept.11, 2001 I remember still being in bed when my mom came and woke me up and told me to come watch the video of the 1st tower being hit. AS we watched to news for a while we watched as the second one was hit. What a crazy surreal moment!!!! Unfortunately, I was a selfish 18 year old and didn't really think too deeply about the effects of that day. Now after losing someone I love, I ache for the people who lost love ones in that terrible tragedy. I cant even imagine how scary it would have been to not know for days if your loved one was buried alive or dead in the rubble. I hope each one of the people who have lost someone know of the healing power of the Atonement and have taken advantage of it.
We then went walking down Mill Ave. and listened to the street performers. I guess they are going to have that now every Thursday night so you should check it out. Mark had heard of this place that makes homemade Ice cream sandwiched so we went there and split one and it was dang good!
That night was so fun and a very cheap date!!! WE only had to pay for my light rail ticket and he ice cream sandwich! Thanks babe for the fun night!!!

1 comment:
It's amazing how we all seem to have the same feelings about that day.
Post a Comment