Saturday, April 3, 2010

The post you all have been waiting for........

Me.....yesterday. 28 1/2 weeks!
Again.......I know, I'm having a huge kid. I've had a few lovely people ask me if I'm about to pop because I'm HUGE! Thanks......but I have a couple more months. But thanks for asking....jerk. ha ha

My cute baby boy!!!!! I got these 3D images 3 days ago. At first he was being stubborn and hiding his face, but I poked him for a while and he turned right to the camera for us! Mark and I think he looks like my brother Aaron. It's funny because whenever I see ultrasound pics for other people I'm like, "oh that's nice (I know I'm so sweet) but once I saw these pics of our kid, I was sooooo excited! I'm in Love!!!!!




Stinkin' Cute!!!

Here is the one where he was being stubborn! Oh and look at that buff bicep!!! ha ha.
Okay so here is the update!!!! I am officially 29 weeks on Monday! (in 2 days). That is 3 weeks further than I got with Miles and things have been going absolutely perfect!!!!! Sometimes I think it's too good to be true. The only bad part is because when I had Miles they had to cut me open like an upside down T and I have hardly any stomach muscles, so I carry the weight in my back and pelvis. Sometimes it can be excruciating. But lucky for me I have an awesome brother in law who is a chiropractor (Dr. Clint Huston at Desert Mountain Chiropractic in Queen Creek.....go to him, he's amazing!). That helps me a ton.
Also, I am going to have a planned C-section at 36-37 weeks. So that means I only have 7-8 weeks left!!! YEA!!! At 36 weeks they are planning on doing an amniosentisis to see if the baby's lungs are developed, and if they are, then they will deliver me the next day. And if they aren't, they will deliver me a week later at 37 weeks. So the end of May......here we come!!!! I am getting very excited!
As for names.....it's been funny, Mark and I can't agree. But finally we have! His name will be Sam Michael Huston. Sam-for my dad, Michael-for Mark's dad. Mark isn't wild about the name Sam, but after lots of begging and pointing out that he named Miles and I'm the one who has been pregnant with him, and he is getting cut out of my stomach, he relented. He keeps saying he is going to just call him Buddy or Sammy Whammy. Either is fine with me. I liked several other names, but none seemed right, and I feel good about the name Sam. Even if he has the same name as the guy who helped the Texans win at the Alamo.....but who even knows that right? ha ha. PLus that guys name is Samuel and his last name is spelled different.
So that's my pregnancy in a nutshell. Honestly, I don't love being pregnant and it's really uncomfortable, but it will be totally worth it. I watch the Baby Story a lot and every time they hand the baby to the mom I cry! I cant wait for that moment!!




15 comments:

T+C=N said...

Ashley, I am so happy for you! you look so cute and Im so glad everything is going well!

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

I am so excited for you ashley! He looks so adorable. Can't wait to see him after he comes out :)

The Talley Family said...

I'm sooooo glad everything is going so smoothly. He does look like Aaron- except I remember w/ Danika's 3D ultrasound she looked just like Rich, but when she was born she looked like Kristin, so who knows. I'm sure he will be adorable & handsome either way.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh I watched Baby Story when I was pregnant too and it always made me a mess! Actually, like a month before I had him I watched it every morning and I was such a bawl baby. ha ha! I am so happy for you, you look great :)

DaNelle said...

YAY! I've been thinking about you! Glad to know everythings going great and I laughed out loud at the part where when you pointed out that you have to be cut again, then he agreed on Sam! Classic.

Liz said...

Congratulations...I'm jealous. Your going to have your baby before me, but I think you've waited long enough so you deserve it!

aprilhoyt said...

You look so beautiful!! He's a cutie! and I'm excited for you too!! I can't watch the baby story, I can't stand to see other people in pain... YAY!!

Heather said...

so cute!! Can't wait!! love ya!

Terry Family said...

The second I saw the picture of him I thought he totally looks like Aaron! Too funny!! You look great! Only a little while left--so excited for you!

Angie said...

Wow! You updated -- a lot! You and baby are both stinkin' cute.

kemra said...

You look so cute, Ashley! I love the US picture - he's just darling! I totally think he looks like Aaron too!
I'm glad everything looks good!

allie askins said...

love it!
i'm proud he looks like aaron. but, i'm partial!

Whitney and Michael said...

I am so excited for you! You look so good and I can't wait for you to have that moment too, you deserve it!! And I love the 3-D images, that is so neat that you can actaully see what's in there!

Tifani said...

I am so excited for you and you look awesome!!!! I wish you all the best in the world.

RPH said...

I have been checking almost every day for some kind of update.

What is the latest? Hope all is well, I have been thinking of you lots.

Love ya
Raygon