Monday, May 19, 2008

My tribute to NOM

Me and Sister Teauroa (I love her!) She is from Tahiti
Me and Sister Rubio wearing the NOM Rocks shirts we made!
Me giving a tour at the Mormon Trail Center
Me and Sister Peay dressed for the FREEZING cold winter
May 18th, 2007.......can anyone guess what that date means? If you guessed that it was the day I came home from my mission, then you are exactly right!!!!!! So it has been one year (yesterday) since I came home from the Nebraska Omaha Mission (NOM Rocks! ha ha). i can't believe it! Where does the time go? For those of you who don't know, i had the opportunity to serve as a proselyting missionary and also as a visitor center missionary at the Mormon Trail Center (Winter Quarters). It was such an amazing experience!!!!! I won't lie, it was by far the hardest, most stressful thing I have ever done, but the blessing by far out weigh the hard times. I met some amazing people and was able to teach the gospel and bear my testimony on a daily basis. I am so grateful for the time I had to serve the Lord full time for 18 months.


Places I served and Companions:


11/05-12/05: MTC :Sister Major

12/05-3/06: Mormon Trail center (full time: Sister Holyoak & Sister Peay

3/06-7/06: Lincoln, NE in the Holmes Lake

ward (full pros): Sister Rubio & Sister Major

7/06-10/06: Omaha, NE Florence ward

and the Mormon Trail Center

(half days doing both): Sister Latimer, Gunn, and Skinner

10/06-5/07: Omaha, NE Winter Quarters

Singles ward and the Mormon

Trail Center (half days doing

both): Sister Teauroa, Thatcher, Street, Dunn, and

Gunn


Cheers for the Nebraska Omaha Mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

The Greer Family said...

It is so fun to hear from you. I added you to my friends list so that I can keep tabs on you: )

Take Care,
Stephanie Greer

daniel said...

I am so behind on the times!!! I had no idea you had a blog. I can't believe you've already been married for six months. And you started a chain reaction...Allie and Aaron, Amy and Davey. How is life treating you???

The Johnson Family said...

Ashley, holy cow, it was so good to hear from ya!! I can't believe all that you've accomplished since the last time I've seen you!! You and your hubby are super cute and way to go on serving a mission!! I'm from Kearney, Nebraska did ya ever venture that direction? Keep in touch!!

dunndee said...

you've been home a year now? Crazy! It feels like it was yesterday that we were picking out what you were going to wear home!!

Snort said...

Well hello Ashley! Good to hear from you, chika! Blogs rock 'cause they are such a good way to keep in touch!

audrey said...

Can't believe it has been a year.. who would have thought we would soon be sisters.. love it! XOX ps I gave aaron some capris to give to you. I think they are at your moms.

Whitopher said...

Hey Ashley! I found you through Court's blog. Sounds like you are having fun being married!

Kristine Parker said...

Now that it has been a year you can tell them all that I was your favorit companion and always will be!!!! Love ya dahly beans!!!