Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am a Child of God

A friend of mine in my Mom's ward just sent me this, and I love it and had to share. This woman re-wrote the words to I am a child of god for those of us who have lost a baby.

I am a Child of God and He has called me home.
My journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay,
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you,
help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.

-Donna Kulliard

7 comments:

Liz said...

That's beautiful!

Natalie said...

I love this...thanks for sharing! I might have to do some copy and pasting to my blog...if you don't mind! Aren't people awesome to share these wonderful things with us?

Celeste Caldwell said...

That is so neat Ash. I loved it.

Brandis said...

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

so perfect.

aprilhoyt said...

that is beautiful! Thanks for sharing...it's so true!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful and I'm crying too much to realy type. Every night and naptime, I sing "I am a child of God" to Merrick. Every single time I do, I realize what a precious gift it is to be able to do that. And I know God gives and God takes and we, the children he loves and knows so well, get to work through the mix of it all. I am praying for you and thinking about you and all of the mommies and daddies who have suffered loss, that Heavenly Father gives you miracles to help you get through each day. I know you can.