Wednesday, March 4, 2009
My Grandpa
Well it happened. ON Monday at exactly 3:02pm my grandpa passed away. I watched him take his last breath. It was so peaceful, just like when Miles passed away. THere is something wonderful about being there when someone passes into the spirit world. It is such a great feeling. It's just later that doesn't feel so great. Yesterday, I woke up feeling really down. Even though I wasn't super close to him, I will miss him. And I'm jealous that he gets to see Miles, the Savior, all the great prohpets, etc. I'm sad that we all are left behind. After a really hard day, just thinking about my grandpa and Miles being gone, today has been so much better!! I am helping make the sign in book for the funeral, so I have going through tons of pictures of grandpa and it was so cool to see him at all stages of life. He was and is a great man. A WWII veteran, a wonderful husband, father, a hard worker(a perfectionist if you ask me) and just a great man. In the last few years, his health and stamina has gone way down, so I know now he is back to himself, and probably doing cartwheels and jumping jacks!!! Anyway, I just wanted to write some things about my grandpa. I love you Grandpa!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ashley, I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. How's your Grandma, is she over her pnemonia? Give your mom a big hug for me.
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but I am glad you got to be with him in the end.
I lost your email address can you email it to me. I blocked my blog to private and want to send you an invite. Flintys@msn.com
I'm sorry Ashley. I'm glad that it was a somewhat positive experience for you though. I hope the funeral gives you & your family even more peace.
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope the funeral will be a good experience for you & your family.
Post a Comment