My beautiful braces! (I HATE THEM! and they make my teeth look yellow!) I know, such an attractive pic......:)So....I thought I would share with you all my recent trial in life................BRACES!!!!!! I have had them now for about 4 months, (ya my husband thinks he's married to a 12 year old) and I hate them! Usually it takes a lot for me to hate something, but I HATE them!!! Why did I get them you ask? I wonder sometimes myself. Well, forever I have had an open bite (which means my teeth don't touch in the front) and I thought since I work at an ortho office why not? So I braved it and got them on. So they have only been the most miserable thing ever!! I thought for sure that if my teeth didn't hurt I would lose weight. Well, that's a negative.........and I also have to have this huge cage thing behind my teeth to keep me from sticking my toungue out (which it what causes the open bite) and it makes me have a lisp! AND NOW....I have to wear rubber bands and they KILL!!!! I can only stand to wear them for a few hours and then I rip them out!!!! But I know that only means I will have them on longer. I can finally simpathize with our patients who will not wear their rubber band cuz I hate them too. Well.....I jsut thought I would share with you all my recent drama! ha ha

6 comments:
wow sounds like a horrible experience!! hahaha. I don't remember them being that bad, but I didn't have to go through the constant pulling on my front teeth either...It's ok its worth it in the end!!!
So I saw on Facebook you had this blog and I was so excited! I love blogs. That's a bummer you have braces... I'm glad those days are over for me! But it will definitely be worth it.
SISTER DAHL!!! That is so sad, but funny in a way just because I can hear you saying all of that with a lisp.....I'm glad you are getting your mouth worked on, now if I could get my gums clipped and give them to baby ruthie we would all have perfect smiles!!! I'm so glad you have a blog! I will put you on my blog roll so I can keep up with you. PS> the wedding pictures are amazing!!!!
YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! Yellow is my favorite color..ha ha!! Which your teeth don't at all look yellow..at least not in that picture! You crack me up. Okay did you have them at Target last week..I didn't even notice..or did I...I can't remember. But I'm glad they make you feel youthful..ha ha..woohoo!! Ya know I have a feeling that some day that will be me...YIKES!!
I tell people all the time NOT to get braces unless you really need them. I did but hated them just the same.
Hi Ashley - I am going through treatment for an open bite like you are - and I would really love to compare notes. Can you e-mail me at brigetteiarrusso@gmail.com?
I was told that my tongue does not cause the open bite, that it is impossible in adults, I am concerned that this is not true. I am told I need survery to correct my bite - do you? Please get in touch with me - I am so stressed about all of this. I am also planning my wedding and really regretting getting these braces!@
Post a Comment