See #5
See #4So I have so many thoughts I want to write about so that's why I titled this post randomness. So here it goes:
1. Happy New Year to everyone! I can't believe it is 2009 already! Did I really graduate from high school 8 years ago? Crazy.....I still feel 18......most of the time. Ha ha. Today I felt the need to make New Year's resolutions, so that might be a post to come. Maybe....we will see how I feel. :) 2008 was a crazy year for us, (as you all know) and it seemed to be more like 20 years instead of 1. I told Mark I can't believe we have only been married a year, it seems like way longer! (in a good way of course).
2. The last couple of days have actually been pretty pleasant for me. The 3 before were hard, but the last 2 have been pretty good. I haven't felt that cloud around me as much. I have been reading this awesome book that is one woman's story of healing after losing her baby and it is amazing how much I can relate to her. The best part about readinig this book is that she does heal!!! That brings me so much hope!!! Today I am in much more of a grateful mood than the last time I posted. I am so grateful for all the people who care about me and my little family!!
3. I have the best husband ever! I just don't even know where to start. I have been such an emotional wreck the last 3 months and he is so sympathetic to my needs. Sometimes I feel like he got the crappy end of the deal when he married me because he is always doing nice things for me, taking care of me, letting me cry to him and letting me really tell him how I feel, and he doesn't make me feel bad or crazy for feeling it. Not only that, he is very cute!
4. Last night we went on a date! It was so fun. NOthing out of the ordinary for a date, but it was much needed. WE went to dinner at Gecko grill and then went out to Arzona Mills Mall to see a movie. Some might wonder why we went all the way out there to watch a movie but there is a perfectly good reason! my cute husband loves old video games. He LOVES Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. For his b-day I bought him this video game thing that you plug into the TV of those 2 games and it was the best $20 I think I have ever spent on him! He loves it. Oh and if you see us at Mesa Frozen yogurt most likely it's because MArk wanted to beat his high score on the Ms. Pac-Man game they have there. But his favorite game is Police Trainer!!!! And they just happen to have that game at the Harkins at Arizona Mills Mall. SO that's why we go there. It is actually a very fun game, but I can never make it past the 1st level, but my studly husband is amazing at this game!!!! So it was a lot of fun to watch him play this game last night. Great job Sargeant Huston!!!!! Oh and we saw the movie Yes Man. It was hilarious!! I am not a huge Jim Carrey fan, but this movie was great. I would definately recommend it!!! We then came home and watched 5 episodes of Arrested Developement. (we borrowed season 1 from MArk's bro). Another funny show that i would recommend!! So It was a great night!!!!
5. I love that pic of MArk holding MAtthew our nephew, so I had to post it!!! Matthew was born about 6 weeks before Miles and we all believe they were buddies in the pre-existance!
So these are my random thoughts for the day! I am happy, and I love it!! I just hope it lasts....:)

7 comments:
That's funny about the old school games, who knew? I have to say that I'm also a big fan of Arrested Development. It's the funniest show ever! I'm glad you are in a better mood today!
i am glad you are happy!
next saturday! i really am excited!
get ready it will be a fun day had by all!!
love ya sis
I seriously feel the same way about High School... where the heck has the time gone? Orrin and I just had out 7th anniversary- I am so not old enough to have been married 7 years!
Glad you are seeing the rainbows after the rain, Ash. I think they must always be there, but we have to put up with the storms first to really be able to see them! Ok, I'm so deep and profound, I know, but soooo glad you are having good days and able to feel feelings other than sad, hurting ones! Amazing how life can suck and be so great, at the same time! Love you!
Ashley, what a great few posts!
I am missing you.
Raygon
Happy New Year to you too! You are an amazing woman - and don't sell yourself short - Mark is blessed to have you as his wife!!!
I would love to know what that book is called. It may be good for me to read it too. I think you may have a few bad days and then a few good ones for awhile. I know that if I had to use one word to describe the grieving process, it would be "rollercoaster"! Just when I'd feel like I was fine, I would have a bad day...but then when I felt like things couldn't get any worse, they would get tons better. I don't know if that makes sense...hopefully that helps instead of discouraging you. :) I can't wait to talk to you about everything. I keep forgetting to call...and now that I'm remembering it is 11 at night. I think about you a lot though, and am thankful for you and your example. I'll talk to you soon!
Post a Comment