Monday, January 5, 2009
What is going on?
I don't know how to feel today. One of my good friends, Heidi Anderson's 6 week old baby died this morning after fighting for her life for 6 long weeks. Another crazy thing about it, I'm pretty sure it was from kidney failure which is ultimately what Miles died from. Why is this happening so much lately? It seems like everywhere I go I hear about someone who had a pre-mie baby or MAJOR problems in their pregnancy, or their baby died. It makes me terrified to be pregnant ever again! Sometimes I feel like this must be another sign of the times or something. Like there must still be a lot of spirits in the pre-earth life that still need to get their bodies before the second coming but dont necissarily need to stay here so a lot of them are being sent down now to "hurry" and get their bodies. Maybe it's because this just happened to me I am hearing about it a lot, but it just seems to be happening a lot. I just hope it stops happening so much! It is NOT fun!! I am actually feeling pretty happy today, but I just ache for Heidi and her family because I know the road ahead. (Or at least the road ahead for 5 weeks). Obviously this whole thing is still new and very raw for me, but I hope through this experience so far, I can help others who are given this same trial or have to go through having death in their family. In this Wonderful book I am reading (oh and the name of it is "Joy Cometh in the Morning: A story of Healing from the Loss of a Child" by Fran C. Hafen) the woman writing it talks about how through this trial it helped her and her husband be able to comfort others and be there for others who are going through really hard trials when most other people seem to pull away because they don't want to "bother them" or don't know how to react or what to say. I hope that I can be like that. I have found that being the one going through the trial I want others to call me or talk to me. But before going through this when I heard of other people going through hard things I didn't ever call or talk to them because I never knew what to say and I felt akward. But now I know you really don't have to say anything, just be there!!! That is how I feel today, I want to be there for others. I want to have the spirit with me to prompt me to help comfort others. I hope that is one thing Heavenly Father wanted me to learn how to do through going through this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Anjane' and I were talking about this exact same thing the other day. I guess we aren't the only ones noticing this. What IS going on? It just breaks my heart! I am glad to hear you are doing okay. I know it must be so hard right now but you are an inspiration! You are in my prayers!
you are an inspiration to us, your example of hope and faith! thank you!
Thank you for encouraging us all to be there for anyone who is going through something hard. It really is hard to know what to say but so true that it's all about just being there. You are such a great example. We are always thinking about you and praying for you. We love you guys!
I love reading your posts because everything you say hits so close to home for me! I too wanted people around me after Jackson died. Nobody had to say anything profound...just saying "I'm sorry you are going through this" was perfect. I have gotten better at reaching out to people when they are going through something hard. However, there have been a few times when I haven't & I've been so disappointed in myself...because I totally know better now! Seriously though, I really think this is happening so much more than it used to! In the past year, I've had 4 friends' babies die, and one more found out that their baby is going to die. None of my friends had had a child die before then! I believe that it's because of the last days too. It does make getting pregnant seem even scarier (which is another thing I want to talk to you about...how can we not be terrified the next time we are pregnant?!) but it obviously shows too, that Heavenly Father is completely in control of our children. I'm realizing that I should probably email you instead of commenting on all your posts...my comments get to be so long I might as well write a novel! I'm glad that you had a decent day. Love ya.
You are AMAZING!
How sad for your friend! I've noticed as well that there seems to be a lot of things like that happening and I've wondered to myself if it was just that I'm noticing it more because of the stage of life that I'm in or if it really is happening more often. Whatever it is, it also makes me wonder what is going on on the other side of the veil, know what I mean?
It sounds like you found a book that was just what you needed and I'm glad. :) I love that you're already talking about how you can help other people because service is great therapy and I'm sure that whatever comfort you can give to others will bring you healing as well. You are awesome. :)
Oh Ash, you are right. It is hard to understand why there is so much heartache these days. Glad you are looking for ways to help. You are always so positive. I love ya.
Hi Ashley it's Meisha (McMullin) Porter Jill's daughter. It's such a small world of blogging. I saw your mom's post on Heidi's blog. Heidi and I were friends as little kids. I am so sorry for you loss also. I wish I could just come give you a big hug! My heart aches for you. We are in TX while my husband finishes up school but hope to make it back to Gilbert this fall. Keep in touch and take care.
you're tough.. what more can one say?
Ok I feel the same way. My brother Claeb and his wife were on the same floor as Jersey Anderson. Me and Shelley my sister inlaw took them a Christmas present. I remember Shelley telling me about the Andersons baby. My heart goes out to them. I don't know how it would feel personaly but I have seen the pain from my brother and what they have been going through with there little girl. Things are looking better for them but it still is going to be a long road. They are still in the hostpital. My heart goes out to you too and all that you have had to endure. Good luck with everything and one day you will have a child to hold of your own! What a small world!
Ash ~ you are amazing. What a sweetheart you are. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I was shocked when I heard. What a positive person you are, already thinking of others amidst your own trials! You are lovely. Beautiful. And humble. You and your husband make a great team!! Here's to a great 2009!
Post a Comment