Monday, April 6, 2009
Conference was AMAZING!!!!
My heart is full right now!!! Conference was just amazing! That is all I have to say. It was so crazy to me how just about every single talk hit home to me. It also was so amazing how many of the talks were about going through major trials and making it through, and some of the talks were even about losing loved ones or children!! It was like Heavenly Father geared conference just to me. On Saturday morning I prayed that there would be something that stuck out to me in conference, and MAN! was my prayer answered. Did anyone else think Elder Scott's talk on Saturday afternoon was given just for me? ha ha. Just kidding. But really I felt the spirit so strong! I couldn't believe that within 6 weeks he lost not one, but 2 of his children! I couldn't imagine. I loved how he said not to complain about our trials (which at some times, I am very guilty of!). It made me feel so good to know that even apostles go through REALLY REALLY hard things! I am grateful for the Prophet, apostles, and the General authorities for being so in tune with the spirit and knowing exactly what to say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I was really touched by Elder Scott's talk too (but couldn't remember who it was, so thanks for specifying!). I also thought it was amazing how many times the idea of enduring faithfully and gaining strength from your faith was brought up. It really was just so amazing.
(hugs)
i thought all the talks where amazing. there were definately a couple times that I thought of you. luv ya girl. By the way, you looks so stinkin cute in the washington pics. c ya soon.
I was going to text you during Elder Scott's talk and tell you he should have just started his talk out with " Ok Ashley this one's for you" It was so so good. I'm glad you got a lot out of it. Love ya!
Hey Ashley! I found you! You're blog is so cute! And you and your hubby are adorable together! And yes conference was amazing! We are so lucky to hear from the most remarkable men on earth! See ya soon at work!
I thought about you too when I heard Elder Scott's talk.
Ashley -
Just when I thought every evidence of me attempting beauty school had faded away... :) This is Mandy Hawkes/Kear/Ballard...hmm...that give you enough names to go off???
I am so happy to have found you! It has been too long...but apparently nothing a little blog hopping can't cure. :)
We have so much to catch up on, my dear.
I have one of those really annoying private blogs but email me so I can get you on it and also so we can chat.
Can't wait to hear from you!!!
Much love your way,
Mandy
How about I ask you to email me and don't leave my address?
here go:
jcandmandy@gmail.com
There, that's better...
Elder Scott's talk was so good. No wonder he has such an amazing compassion for people. I think he knows how to communicate the Lord's love for us in a way that is so personal. Thanks Ash for writing about your feelings. We love you so much and know that there are many wonderful blessings in store for you and Mark.
I love ya girl, you are my rock! You are such an inspiration too me. I can't wait to see your babies one day either. They'll be as beautiful as sweet little Miles.
Post a Comment