Friday, May 30, 2008

Me after the hike. See that HUGE peak?!?!?! I hiked that!!!! So take that Dr. ***** who says I'm obese and out of shape! (okay so I am out of shape, but I still did it!)
One of the hard parts
My daddy-o at the top!!!
Me and my aunt Paula at the top

So on Memorial day, my aunt Paula thought it would be a great idea to hike Picacho Peak. Well, when my dad asked me to go, my first thought was, "ya right!". But then after thinking about it and after being told I was obese, I thought, "heck yes, I'm doing this!". What I didn't know was that it was 2 miles basically straight up!!!! No, it wasn't really but almost. It was about 2000ft. up in that 2 miles, and part of the way you had to wear gloves and pull yourself up with cables. So basically I was dying the whole time and couldn't walk the next day, but hey, I DID IT!!! It was a great sense of accomplishment!!! And I guess it was fun. ha ha

13 comments:

Lori said...

Way to go!!! That looks like fun(maybe)but a huge sense of accomplishment!

Snort said...

Good for you girl! Maybe I could get my butt up a mountain too- maybe not...

kemra said...

Yeah! I'm glad that you found me!

Way to go on the hike - it looks hard! You guys are such a cute couple!

Connie Onnie said...

I found your blog! No it wasn't very hard to find but if you would comment on my blog sometimes I wouldn't had to go looking :). Not that you guys have to comment but I hope that if you ever feel so inclinded that you will.

allie askins said...

you know you had fun! that was a fun day.
what was the funnest part was the dairy queen after.

RPH said...

yea for you! those pictures are awesome. makes me miss az.

Russ and Debbie said...

Have you read Stephenie Meyers new book, The Host? Has a lot about Picacho Peak in it, I almost want to hike it now.

Kristine Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snort said...

I'd love to get together, but we have moved to Utah! You can always give Whit a call though!

audrey said...

I am proud of you Ash, I mean future sister! :) Can we hang out soon?

Brandis said...

Hi Ashley! I was blog hopping and hopped onto your blog. :) Good to see that you're enjoying married life. And oh my goodness, how rude of that doctor! Obese is such an ugly word. Holly is going to be moving in with us tomorrow for part of the summer while she does a clerkship so maybe you & your hubby should come over & watch a movie with us sometime and then I wouldn't always think of Legally Blonde when I think of you. :)

allie askins said...

UPDATE!
and you are MINE friday! all mine! all day! my dr's app is at 12:15, so lets go to the condo after!

RPH said...

i forgot to tell you! look at my blog and click on the one under you and mark. it is jessica and penny. jessica has a little girl named raegan, hence: baby raegan and family. just thought you would like to know! also, at the top is allyson too!